Important Information Regarding Continuing Education Requirements for Personal Licensees
In 2020 the BAO announced changes to the continuing education requirements for individual licensees. These changes apply only to those who hold personal Funeral Services Licenses: Funeral Pre-Planner, Transfer Service Sales Representative, Funeral Director Class 1 and Funeral Director Class 2. The BAO announcement and requirements be found here: BAO NOTICE - October 23
The BAO is auditing licensees' con-ed requirement
The BAO is auditing to ensure all licensees complete their six-hours of approved continuing education every year.
Here is a reminder of your obligations as a licensee of the BAO:
- The six hours must be completed by each licensee for their licences to be renewed.
- Proof of completing the required six hours rests entirely with you – the licensee.
- You can find BAO-approved con-ed courses on the Bereavement Education Committee webpage.
Con-ed is a requirement for funeral and transfer service professionals only. See full BAO notice here: BAO LifeLine - March 25, 2022
OACFP Continuing Education Offerings 2022
Information regarding Continuing Education for Personal Licensees
- Unless noted otherwise all OACFP Education offerings (webinars, seminars, training programs, online education, etc.) qualifies for continuing education
- Certificates are sent for attendance at all live webinars and events
- Certificates should be automatically issued for viewings of recorded webinars in the OACFP webinar library (available to OACFP Members Only). However, members should track the title and date the recording was viewed for their licence renewal with the BAO. OACFP does have records of recording viewing for audit purposes should it be necessary. A fee may apply to produce education records.
- The OACFP does not submit any information to the BAO regarding personal licence renewals
- All Sessions you have registered for can be found by clicking "View Profile" on your main Member Portal screen and then the “Registrations" tab
- Each webinar in our library or attended live counts towards 1 hour of CE
- OACFP Members Can Upload their certificates and continuing education documentation in their portal by using the upload documents button on their Member Portal page. Please note that these documents are NOT submitted to the BAO on your behalf.
The OACFP has long been a leader in providing quality Continuing Education for all Bereavement Sector Professionals. We work in conjunction with all our members and sector stakeholders to provide Ontario’s bereavement professionals with the most up to date, relevant and cost-effective information and training possible.
Volunteering for the OACFP is a great way to further your knowledge base and meet others who are passionate about bereavement service. If you are interested in volunteering for any of our events or committees we would love to have you add your voice to and skills to ours.